Skip to main content

A PLEA FOR MAIGIDA

Major General Abubakar Bukola Saraki,
Supreme Commander Harmony Divisional Barracks Kwara State, Nigeria.

Dear General,



                A PLEA FOR MAIGIDA


I heard with one ear that all is not well at your Harmony Division. The odds were said to have turned against you. We learnt even the camp is unbelievably divided against itself - falling and falling and falling like a pack of cards. How has the mighty fallen, (in) capable Commander?
      In what's perhaps the most incredible report from your rudderless camp so far, I just learnt a general would be going down the pecking order. They said he would be replaced by a mere soldier you sent as an emissary to the once -upon-a-time Council Of State you have effortlessly turned to Council of Hate( Senate) . In one fell swoop, aprocho says reality has began dawning of an impending loss of Kwara South. Perhaps the Nov. 17 HoR bye-election was indeed an eye-opener. I ask again, how had the mighty fallen, (in) stategic General?

The latest report might be it then , even if I don't want to believe it. Maybe I wouldn't like to look stupid after it turned out to be false. But could there have been a smoke without fire? They said General Ahmed, your subservient, yes -man - all -day present day administrator, would be forfeiting the (un) deserved ticket to the famous Salanga Lieutenant, Ojora Baseball game initiator which was in honour of the wife of the Cappo di tutti himself, Mrs. Toyin Saraki. I learnt he could be retaining the ticket as an emissary to your Council of Hate, once again. Alleluyah!
     I found it surprising how the tide has turned in favor of Lieutenant Rafiu Ibraheem. Perhaps this is what the effervescent Segun Adeniyi would have described as against the run of play. Maybe the whispers that the Ibolo man is quite a silent, slow but leather soldier was true- playacting unassuming and discreet tactics are worth the salt after all. Who would have thought a planned move such as sponsoring a baseball game in the name of Commander Saraki's wife  and inciting the elders of his community against the leadership of Harmony division and superintending loss of home base of vastly unpopular General Ahmed would sent the camp sprawling, disorganised, destabilised and rudderless?
     I would have said give it to emmisary Rafiu. He just won my attention with that masterstroke, if not that I knew the people are fed up of Shalanga too !
   But what would become of the torchbearer Gen. Abdulfatah Ahmed? Dear Commander Saraki, Kwarans earnestly wish to know. I remember with nostalgia how he came bubbling with Legacy Continues mantra in 2007. He must have erroneously thought that, that such legacy meant a forever chair at the table of Kwara yam eaters and maybe National cake. I am sure our Maigida in Kwara never imagined he could be called Maigida NBara. I doubt he knew too that he could become a DG of an unpopular candidate, dubbed his successor, a man with a self defeating name called Atunwa, in what's a reversal of roles and fortunes! Too much, too sad for the price of subservience!
    I don't know why I feel it's a slap on General Ahmad's face. Moreso, I don't know why I feel this touched. Maybe because I know what propriety, dignity, pride, respect and ego of a man worth! Well, maybe because I am a man anyways! Perhaps  it is because I was aware he turned his back against his people to satisfy the Cappo di tutti. Maybe because I knew he's had his greatest title, his birth name, Abdulfatah Ahmed, renamed  and personalised, to ridicule, opprobrium and scorn, so much even his pride nickname Maigida N Kwara, rephrased and recoined to Maigida N Bara in apt description of the  citizens state of living in the state he suprintend. What more shall a man lose more than a name?
       Before the cookies finally crumbled, this is a plea for Maigida. I feel his loyalty and devotion to the relentless dictate of you, his Supreme Commander, Capo di tutti, General Bukola Saraki, should at least fetch him something after the expiration of his tenure. Now that the Ibbolo man has the mandate to also lose soon, it's only normal we found an everyday Sarakite like Maigida something to call a gain - like a medal so excellence! Perhaps, making your PA is more befitting, putting into consideration his serving skills. This is just a recommendation oo. After all, the-boy-is-good must have its own reward. In case of Maigida, let him at least have a worthy gift to mark his mark . Ire ooo

                                        Enemy Camp Pen Warrior
                                          Ibraheem Abdullateef




nigerianthem is there to let you know....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never to be an Almajiri again.

Life as an almajiri in Kano was very tough. I could still remember how we went about in tens begging for alms and food. It’s really not a life anyone should live. I lived it years ago and could still tell exactly how it hurts; the memory of it and the hellish experiences we had  to bear. Almajiri life isn’t a life. It’s like being dead alive. I lived that life. I was ten when I decided to remove the cloak of destitution and face life squarely. It still remains the turning point in my life and the wisest decision I’d ever taken. I could still remember vividly what led me to take such a decision one afternoon. It was at Sabon Titi Kano. We were nine in number. We had trekked all the way from Bida Road. Ali, my best friend was saying something about how very unfair it was that girls were not allowed to  wander about begging as boys did. He said something about girls being lucky and fortunate because they were not subjected to the demeaning life that we lived. “But you don’t have to think

Dcn Modupeola Abiona retirement well-wishes.

You’ve put in your best serving the public, and by extension your country. It’s now time for you to rest; you deserve the best life ahead. Have a fun-filled and fulfilled retirement Mum - Ayomide Abiona You can now wake up when you want to, visit the places you’ve longed for, make your own schedules without restriction – that’s the freedom that retirement brings. Happy retirement my Dear wife - Elder Olaseinde Abiona. At work, you were known as an untiring worker, at home you never slacked in your duty for a moment, which is why we call you our hero. You are a virtuous woman indeed. You deserve the best that life has for you ahead, mom. Happy retirement. - Ayodele Abiola (Nee Abiona) Most times I wondered how you do it; managing your family and career so well that none was given less attention. You are indeed “the hand that rocks the cradle and rules the world!” Happy retirement, mom. - Gloria Abimbola  Mom, there will be no more alarm to interrupt your peaceful sleep when i

ILORIN: THE MUALIMAH IN A MARKET DANCE

If there’s one thing I hate writing about it is an opinion on Ilorin, my fatherland. It gives me no joy having to wield the hammer I called a pen and land it hardly on the baldhead of my homeland. If I were to describe how I felt each time I wrote an opinion on any incidence regarding this land, no time, I say none, and no time did I felt good. And the reasons are not farfetched; I am always torn in between emotions and saying the naked truth. It had never been lost on me that family, no matter what, is family. However, it seems I am alone on that, maybe I am not. But the odds seem small. The thinking ones, specifically among the youth, are not much. The recent actions and inactions, reports and incidences of immortality and irresponsibility by some sons and daughters of the Emirate clearly affirm my earlier stance.  And this time, neither for emotions or fear of misunderstanding would I be garbing irresponsibility with the robe of nobility or be dressing a clear, crestfallen values an